Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the weather like?
July is the hottest month with an average daily temperature of 37°C. The coldest month is January with daily average temperatures of 9°C.From May to August there’s a generous 14 hours of sunshine per day. The sea can be very pleasant to swim in, and it reaches and average of 26°C by August. It can rain, but in the summer months it’s rare.
2. What to bring?
Firstly bring smaller luggage rather than a large bulky suitcase. You won’t be dressing up all the time, so you won’t need as many clothes. Swimwear and beach towels are a must, but also bring clothing for day trips and evenings. In the spring and autumn evenings become colder, so bring warm clothing as well. Sun cream is essential, and we’re sure you’ll also bring books, Kindles, iPads etc. to while away the hours on board. Remember medicine and any other personal items that you need. On board you cannot wear shoes. However, if you can’t meet this rule then bring a clean pair of plastic/rubber soled shoes which are only used on the boat. NOTE: Clean towels and bed linen are provided in your cabins.
3. Safety and things you should know when on board
Make sure you read these points and you’ll have a safe trip:
• No smoking inside the boat. You can smoke on the outside, but don’t throw the stubs into the sea.
• It’s windy outside, so be careful your stuff doesn’t blow away.
• Use the water and electricity sparingly as there’s a limited supply. Turn off the electicity when you’ve finished using it.
• Don’t put toilet paper, sanitary pads or any similar substances down the toilets.
• The captain may change the route and meal times depending on the conditions.
• If you leave the boat, tell a crew member. If the captain asks you to return to the boat for a specific time, then make sure you show up on time.
• Take care and watch your children on the boat, especially the smaller ones.
• If you’re swimming, don’t jump into the sea before the engines stop; don’t swim away from the boat and don’t swim into the path of other boats.
• If there’s a smaller boat on board it can only be used for service/safety reasons by the crew.
• Be careful when walking around the boat. It’s easy to slip so hold onto something as you move around. It’s so easy to have an accident, so be careful with the ropes, cables, ground doors, propellers and other equipment.
• When you leave the yacht check your room for any items you may have left.
The captain crew and Vip Turkey Yachting will be happy to answer any questions you have, before and during your trip.
4. When is the best time to go?
It depends on you really. The most popular times for cruising are between June and September as the days are longer and hotter. June is a much more pleasant time with its hot days and chilly nights, whilst in August and September the sea is at its warmest. May and October are the perfect months for sailing, tracking and fishing. April and November months are also good for a quiet for cruise.
5. Which tour is the best?
That’s a tough question, as there’s no absolute answer. It depends on you, although most people who’ve been before change their routes. As a first holiday we’d recommend Marmaris-Fethiye-Marmaris. Bodrum-Gökova-Bodrumis closer to nature whilst Antalya-Kas-Antalya is perfect for those who like history. Finally travelling to the Greek Islands is perfect for people who like to stop at different places every night.
6. Are the routes adequate for all types of boat?
The Blue Cruise area between Bodrum and Antalya is perfect for cruising because the sea is smooth amongst the bays and near the coast. Turkey has thousands of small bays and islands, and your journey will be smooth without it being in the open sea.
7. Can Blue Cruise include both Greece and Turkey? Yes, but the prices will be higher because of the harbor costs and the distance.
8. How is the food?
Turkish food is delicious. At the same time,we can serve European cuisine like pasta, meatballs, chips etc. We also serve fish freshly caught directly from the boat.
9. What’s the size of the cabins?
You’ll find that the cabins are comfortable enough for sleeping plus space for your belongings. Luxury, Deluxe and Mega yachts go one step further and make you feel like you’re in a hotel.
10. Water sports?
In our yatches there are schnorchel and paletequipments. in our private yatch renting if you request before the tour we can provide you water-ski and water toys.
11. What kind of activities can we have during the tour?
Blue cruise is a tour which can be very entertainment with the sea, nature, sun, forest, people and the food. The beautiful sea and nature offers you swimming and the enjoyment of the delicious Turkish food and you can be away from the stress of city life. Tracking on the mountains, walking on the beaches, visiting the thousand years old history tell you only the beginnings of your vacation, spending time with your family. Also you can see the major touristic cities and villages of Turkey. There you can enjoy night life and cheap shopping. Blue cruise is a perfect vacation for every age of people.